So why should anyone come to Whitewater?
Well here are 5 good reasons:
1. It’s almost too good to be true. What do I mean? Well, let’s imagine an ideal place to live: A place that embodies small town friendliness, but offers big city sophistication, located within 90 miles of some of the country’s greatest cities. This place also offers a variety of cultural opportunities, low crime rate, commitment to education, and a thriving economy.
Welcome to Whitewater!
2. Located at the southern tip of Wisconsin’s scenic Kettle Moraine State Forest, Whitewater is a gateway to shimmering lakes, family-friendly camping, and scenic trails for cross country skiing or hiking. Whitewater is a beacon for all kinds of people with restless spirits and willing hearts.
3. Few cities in Wisconsin offer such a rich continuum of educational opportunities as Whitewater. The Whitewater Unified School District, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater and further educational initiatives set in place by the Community Education Department, the city’s entire education system is a model of cooperation among the community and citizens.
4. Everyone enjoys good food! In Whitewater you’ll find quaint eateries and renowned chefs offering up unique eats you can’t find anywhere else! The Black Sheep is a strong supporter of locally grown produce and uses as many locally sourced ingredients as possible. The adorable coffee and sweet shop: The SweetSpot and SweetSpot Bakehouse are great for anyone who has a sweet tooth or party to host. We can’t forget about our family favorites: Second Salem, Jessica’s Family Restaurant, Cozumel, Fat Jacks, Coyote Grill, 841 Brewhouse, The Duck Inn, and so so so many more!
5. The arts in Whitewater are alive and thriving! From hands on activities in the community at Studio 84 and the Whitewater Cultural Arts Center, to the consistent offering of exhibits, plays, and dance experiences offered at the University of Wisconsin – Whitewater’s Center for the Arts, there is never a shortage of creativity in this city.
So who says there’s nothing special about Whitewater? I beg to differ.